Professional: $55 (or $100 for 2 years!)
Call for Presentation Proposals
Annual Conference 2017
Friday, May 05, 2017
9:00am - 4:00pm
Clarion Hotel and Conference Center
2480 Jonathan Moore Pike
Columbus, Indiana 47201
For more information, go to:
ICA will accept proposals from both professionals and graduate students for the 2017 conference.
Submission Deadline: Friday, January 31, 2017 by 11:59PM
Questions about the call for proposals can be sent to Cheryl Warner at 812-348-7383 or email@example.com
- Professional presentation sessions will be approximately 50 minutes in length.
- Graduate Student presentations will run for approximately 25 minutes in length.
- Presentations will be selected based on the timeliness of the topic, anticipated interest, and the number of proposals submitted on similar topics.
- Topics should be designed for various counseling professionals, including, but not limited to, mental health counselors, addictions counselors, school counselors, and marriage and family counselors.
- Presentations can be experiential, skill-building, idea sharing, or can be based upon research position papers.
- Graduate students are encouraged to consider both individual and group presentations.
ICA CALL FOR PAPERS - COLLABORATIVE WRITING PROJECT
The Indiana Counseling Association 2015 Conference theme, ‘Nurturing Our Future,’ has sparked an interest group of professionals to create a workbook of supervised activities for enrichment of client-therapist interaction. You are invited to work with us in this endeavor that will be the first published work of its kind with ICA.
A CALL FOR PAPERS starting March 13, 2015.
PROPOSED WRITING PROJECT: CREATE AND PUBLISH A COLLABORATIVE ENRICHMENT WORKBOOK FOR CLIENT-THERAPIST INTERACTIONS
Clinical supervisors, and interns who are working in the field of counseling in the state of Indiana, are invited to join a collaborative effort to create an enrichment workbook of for client-therapist interactions, by submitting a paper that gives instruction for an activity.
The objective for compiling these activities is to offer a practical resource for supporting increased competence and self-awareness that will guide the interaction of these working relationships (between client and therapist or supervisor and intern), enriching the outcomes of the counseling processes for both the client/intern and the clinical supervisor.
This project invites our collective knowledge and shared discovery in the professional field that can offer practical wisdom and a design for meaningful interactions that enrich therapeutic processes.
Guidelines for Submitting Papers
Email manuscripts of original and unpublished (unless it is your own publication) work to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on December 31, 2015. Following the review of all submissions, you will be informed of your acceptance status.
Please include the following sections in your manuscript, using the APA standard format:
- Instructions for the Activity
- Give an Example of the Interaction
- Explain How Progress is Measured
- Additional Resources (if any)
Anthony M. McCrovitz
Anthony M. McCrovitz, Ph.D., LMHC, BCPC
GLOBE STAR, llc, 621 Broadway, Chesterton, In 46304
Campus Representative Positions Available!
The Indiana Counseling Association would like to announce an exciting opportunity for graduate students to become involved in our organization.
We are now accepting applications for Campus Representatives and it is our goal to have at least one graduate student from each campus appointed to those positions.
Each student will be responsible for representing the Indiana Counseling Association on each of their respective campuses and we ask that the students present to at least 2 classes a semester, a brief overview of the organization.