NCE: National Counselor Exam Prep
NCMHCE: National Clinical Mental Health Counseling Exam Prep Workshops
Sponsored by the Indiana Counseling Association
Indiana Association of Resources and Child Advocacy
Friday and Saturday
February 22nd and 23rd, 2019
9:00am - 4:00pm
Cambria Hotel and Suites
13500 Tegler Drive
Noblesville, IN 46060
Cost: $265.00 for Members, $325.00 for Non-Members
12 NBCC Continuing Education credit hours provided for each participant
IARCA members may be eligible for scholarships
contact Heather Adebayo, Grant Coordinator
OUR GUARANTEE: We believe in the success of these preparation seminars so much that if you don't pass the exam after taking this seminar, you can attend the next seminar without any registration fee.
(Professional Membership is only $55, and Student Membership is $25 = the best value is to JOIN ICA! If you decide to become a member you will need to join online BEFORE registering for the Test Prep Workshops so that you are in our system and are then able to get the discounted rate)
* Important Information about these valuable workshops:
- Participants need to commit to attending both days for the full exam prep workshop. All participants must pay before being allowed admission to the workshop. On-site registration is dependent on available room capacity (we encourage pre-registration as space is limited).
- Check-in for the workshop is 8:30 - 9:00 am on Saturday.
- Participants will get breaks throughout the day. Lunch is on your own. Within 5 minutes are McAlister's Deli, Noodles & Company, Q-Doba, Perkins, Aspen Creek Grill, Famous Dave's, several fast food, and plenty of shopping at Hamilton Town Center.
- We encourage you to bring personal water/coffee/snacks with you to the workshop to have throughout the day.
- We would also encourage you to bring your DSM if you have one (it is not required, but you may want to reference it throughout or at the end of the day).
- Parking is free
Can I take this if I am needing to take the CPCE Exam?
'There is no official study guide for the CPCE. Since the CPCE and the NCE for licensure and certificates are based on the same eight knowledge areas, any study materials developed for the NCE should be useful.'
About the Workshop Presenters:
NCE: Lynn Turovetz
Lynn has her masters degree in clinical psychology from Roosevelt University. Her work history includes being an agency therapist in programs that treated chronic mentally ill. She also worked in two hospital inpatient units which cared for children through seniors. In 1985 she took over supervision of the crisis team at Pillars Community Services. She was eventually promoted to Vice President of Crisis and Accreditation. She continued to supervise the crisis team which had merged with the SASS department. She was also responsible for accreditation by CARF and quality assurance of medicaid records. All through this time, Lynn also saw clients for individual, couples, and family therapy.
NCMHCE: Dr. Fran Giordano
Dr. Francesca Giordano has been a counselor educator for over 20 years. Currently, she is a professor in the Counselor Education department of the Chicago School of Professional Psychology. She is a board member for the Illinois Mental Health Counselors Association and is also offers workshops for the Illinois Mental Health Counselors Association, including an exam preparation workshop for the LCPC license. She is a Diplomate in Couples and Family Counseling (2016) through the American Mental Health Counselors Association. In 2013, she received the Robert J. Nejedlo Distinguished Leadership Award (2013) for lifetime leadership achievement in counseling. Her clinical specializations include sexuality counseling, anger management, and career counseling. Currently, she is a psychotherapist at The Adne Institute in Chicago, Illinois.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Dale V. Wayman, PhD, LCAC, LMHC
ICA Executive Director