NCE: National Counselor Exam Prep
NCMHCE: National Clinical Mental Health Counseling Exam Prep Workshops
Sponsored by the Indiana Counseling Association
Indiana Association of Resources and Child Advocacy
Saturday & Sunday
August 26th & 27th, 2017
9:00am - 4:00pm
Cost: $240.00 for Members, $300.00 for Non-Members
12 NBCC Continuing Education credit hours provided for each participant
IARCA members may be eligible for scholarships
contact Ann Davis, Director of Member Services
Registrations will open soon
(Professional Membership is only $55, and Student Membership is $25 = the best value is to JOIN ICA! If you decide to become a member you will need to join online BEFORE registering for the Test Prep Workshops so that you are in our system and are then able to get the discounted rate)
* Important Information about these valuable workshops:
- Participants need to commit to attending both days for the full exam prep workshop. All participants must pay before being allowed admission to the workshop. On-site registration is dependent on available room capacity (we encourage pre-registration as space is limited).
- Check-in for the workshop is 8:30 - 9:00 am on Saturday.
- Participants will get breaks throughout the day. Lunch is on your own. Within 5 minutes are Steak & Shake, Jimmy John's, McAlister's Deli, Noodles & Company, Texas Roadhouse, Famous Dave's, etc...
- We encourage you to bring personal water/coffee/snacks with you to the workshop to have throughout the day.
- We would also encourage you to bring your DSM if you have one (it is not required, but you may want to reference it throughout or at the end of the day).
- Parking is free
- There are several hotels within 5 minutes of LRCTI.
Can I take this if I am needing to take the CPCE Exam?
'There is no official study guide for the CPCE. Since the CPCE and the NCE for licensure and certificates are based on the same eight knowledge areas, any study materials developed for the NCE should be useful.'
About the Workshop Presenters:
NCE: Lynn Turovetz
Lynn has her masters degree in clinical psychology from Roosevelt University. Her work history includes being an agency therapist in programs that treated chronic mentally ill. She also worked in two hospital inpatient units which cared for children through seniors. In 1985 she took over supervision of the crisis team at Pillars Community Services. She was eventually promoted to Vice President of Crisis and Accreditation. She continued to supervise the crisis team which had merged with the SASS department. She was also responsible for accreditation by CARF and quality assurance of medicaid records. All through this time, Lynn also saw clients for individual, couples, and family therapy.
NCMHCE: Dr. Fran Giordano
Dr. Fran Giordano, LCPC, is the Director of the
Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology
Program at the Family Institute at Northwestern
University. She has extensive experience
conducting training workshops for counselors. In
1998, she received the Counselor Educator of the
Year Award from the American Mental Health
Counselors Association and she also received the
Counselor Educator of the Year Award from the
Illinois Counselor Educators and Supervisors in
2006. She is the President of the Illinois
Counseling Association. She is also a Past-
President of IMHCA and a member of the State
of Illinois Counselor Licensure Board. She is the
2002 recipient of the IMHCA Distinguished
Service as an Illinois Mental Health Counselor
Award. She has been presenting test preparation
workshops for the NCMHCE exam for eleven
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Dale V. Wayman, PhD, LCAC, LMHC
ICA Executive Director